Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Kevin's first day "down under"

Having a bit of jet lag after my first LONG day (one day ahead of you folks in the states) in Australia.  Wally and Marilyn H. have been great.  Below are some pictures (with a few notes) from my first day.....before I head to bed.  May need extra sleeping meds as my body thinks it is 6:30 AM but it is 9:30 PM here.

Here is my host, Wally Howe wishing my Lady Di a happy BD.  His house is approx. 40-50 years from a marina on a river...which you can see in the background. We had lunch at a small cafe at the Marina.  See next picture


Here is a better picture of the view from the cafe.  What a great place to have right out your front door.  Very quaint.



One of my favorite ways to work.  Notebook computer, strong coffee (a flat white in AUS terms) and water and boats.  Did some presentation development work here after Wallly went back to office.



Yes......this is what it appears to be.  Wally took Marilyn and I to a nice Italian restaurant for a special "Dom Perignon" champagne testing.  Invitation only.  A completely different world and class of people.  I can't belief the many different words and terms used to describe the aroma and taste of champagne.  Sampled 5 different years and learned about each.  One could buy bottles ranging from 300 to 800 dollars each!!!!!!!!  I am out of my element.  Actually, this was good stuff....I can see why people like real champagne....and not the cheap stuff one gets at social functions at conferences.  It was a fun experience...and all done to celebrate Lady Di's BD. 

Love you my lovely lady Di.

No comments: